Window Cleaning Supplies
by Keith Avery
I’m about to get the rest of the window cleaning supplies I need to get my business going but had a few questions about the types and brands on some of the actual tools.
I only plan on cleaning windows two stories high max. I decided to go with the name, Avery Window Cleaning and More. The “and more” means that I will offer gutter cleaning, window screen repair, some light janitorial and small home and office maintenance. I’ve ordered business cards, door hangers and door magnets for the side of my van. I also had some cool window cleaning shirts made with my name embroider on the back and front pocket. Can’t wait to get going, I already have four houses set up to be cleaned as soon as I get all my tools together.
My list of window cleaning supplies, so far consist of the following:
• Werner 24 foot aluminum extension ladder
• Werner 16 foot fiberglass extension ladder
• Werner 6 foot fiberglass step ladder
• Werner 3 foot aluminum step ladder
• Window Cleaning Tool Belt
• 12 foot extension pole
• Blue Huck Surgical Towels
• Glass Gleam window cleaning soap
• Two drop clothes
• Shoe booties
• Screw driver and ratchet kit
• 3 gallon bucket and brushes for screen cleaning
Here are my questions.
For the window scraper I’m going to get the Triumph. What is better the angled or straight?
What brand do you think is the best for the window squeegee and scrubber, Ettore or Unger?
What is the best squeegee rubber?
Any input would be greatly appreciated and if you think I might be missing any window cleaning supplies from my list please do let me know.
Thanks a Million!